Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Lost Castle



****
PG
Easily Recommend

Kristy Cambron is a master of jumping back and forth between time periods in her stories...expertly weaving them together until they all connect and make sense in the end.
I think the other two books I have read of hers only had two different stories to keep straight but this one had three; the french revolution, WWII and present day.  That did make it a bit harder to follow.  When each new chapter started I had to refresh my memory of how that particular story had left off two chapters before.
I did not give it a {L} rating but there were a few instances where God was referenced in ways I wouldn't use myself but wouldn't necessarily say it was in vain either...
A very fascinating and attention keeping book...and I am oh so happy that it was so clean :)

1 comment:

  1. Three time periods to keep straight? Sounds like I would have to be very alert while reading it, and that isn't always the case.
    No "undesirable content" labels at all is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete