Thursday, June 17, 2021

The Prince of Spies

 


***
PG
{BSt} a bit {TMP}
Could Probably Recommend

I have enjoyed this series and was eager to read about the younger brother.
It was pretty good...probably not all that I was hoping though.
The {Back Story} really bothered me.  The main character's father has been in multiple affairs and it is a big part of the story.  He doesn't really ever have to pay for his sins either which bothered me even more.  Then there was the focus on the love story...I usually like Elizabeth Camden's books because there is so much history and interest beyond the love story.  I guess that was true here as well but I also felt the emphasis on the forbidden love and obsession.  There was a bit more description in the kissing scenes than I appreciate as well {Too Much Passion}.  
The plot was intriguing as always but there was enough about this one that annoyed me that I am not eager to recommend it although I probably could.

No comments:

Post a Comment