Sunday, July 14, 2024

Codes of Courage

 


****1/2
PG
a tiny bit {TMP}, {SM}
Easily Recommend

Oh boy!  It's been a while since a book has touched me as much as this one did.
Especially the ending...I can't say why...don't want to give anything away... but it was something!
There were only the smallest references to {Too Much Passion} since marriage and the resulting relationships were part of the story.  Also, because of war being a large part of the narrative {Subject Matter}, there were many scenes where dead men were mentioned and briefly described.  However, I felt like Sowards handled both the {SM} and the {TMP} tactfully.
I will recommend this book to those who wouldn't mind a tear jerker.
I've always been partial to WWII books for some reason, and this one, while not the story of faithful people of the Jewish faith escaping the Nazis that I am used to, was just as compelling and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment